A new train between northern West Bengal town Siliguri and coastal tourist destination of Digha, located in East Midnapore, has become operational from today. The new train scheduled to depart from New Jalpaiguri at 1 pm will operate on a weekly basis.
This is indeed a very good news for tourists from other states as they will now be able to visit the two most prime destinations in the state without any break journey.
- New advance Rail ticket booking period reduced to 2 months from today
- Amarnath registration to start on March 18th
- Big Bird Day 2013
- Tour core tiger areas but don’t build: Supreme Court
- Interim ban on tourist activities in core areas of Project Tiger forests
- Tadoba on Red Alert
- The forgotten Silk Route – Jelep La
- National Park Status for Jaldapara
- Bouddha Bihar discovered at Dantan
- Melanistic Leopard Cat