TOI reported today that a CID team is expected to visit Jaldapara Wildlife Sanctuary today to probe into the incident of killings of two rhinos thereat. Three days ago, poachers killed two rhinos there.
On Saturday morning, a bull rhino who had been shot by poachers and then tranquilized by forest guards fell into the Torsha river while trying to escape a stone pelting mob and incidentally drowned thereafter. Autopsy report revealed that a bullet was lodged between the ear and the jaw of the rhino. In another incident, a female rhino’s carcass was found a few hours later.
- New advance Rail ticket booking period reduced to 2 months from today
- Amarnath registration to start on March 18th
- Big Bird Day 2013
- Tour core tiger areas but don’t build: Supreme Court
- Interim ban on tourist activities in core areas of Project Tiger forests
- Tadoba on Red Alert
- The forgotten Silk Route – Jelep La
- National Park Status for Jaldapara
- Bouddha Bihar discovered at Dantan
- Melanistic Leopard Cat