Three women died and four others, including two children, were injured by an elephant that went berserk in Jalpaiguri district Thursday. The elephant was a Tusker. The incident took place in Kankimari village. All four injured are taken to a nearby district hospital as they sufferred critical injuries. Later, the elephant was chased back into forest with the intervention of the forest officials.
Now, the thing is why this incidents of animal attacks are increasing in number. Couple of days ago, a Bison killed two, injuring few others. What is prompting them to get out of their place? Is it short of shortage of food? If there are more repeatations, then we might have to probe into this a bit seriously.
- New advance Rail ticket booking period reduced to 2 months from today
- Amarnath registration to start on March 18th
- Big Bird Day 2013
- Tour core tiger areas but don’t build: Supreme Court
- Interim ban on tourist activities in core areas of Project Tiger forests
- Tadoba on Red Alert
- The forgotten Silk Route – Jelep La
- National Park Status for Jaldapara
- Bouddha Bihar discovered at Dantan
- Melanistic Leopard Cat